Requirements and Application
Sonoran Desert Institute (SDI) is proud to partner with the Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States (EANGUS) to offer the SDI/EANGUS Scholarship. The scholarship provides full tuition and fees each semester for the Associate of Science in Firearms Technology Degree program to one recipient annually.
Initial Eligibility Requirements:
The SDI/EANGUS Scholarship is a full academic scholarship for SDI’s Associate of Science in Firearms Technology Degree program. Students that are awarded an SDI Scholarship while already attending SDI are responsible for the charges applied through the current semester. The SDI Scholarship will be applied at the beginning of the next semester following the date the scholarship is awarded. All applying candidates must:
- Be an eligible member of EANGUS or a dependent of an EANGUS member.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and passion for the firearms industry and gunsmithing trade by answering essay questions.
- Submit a regular SDI application for enrollment, with all relevant supporting documentation.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
- Begin studies at SDI within six months following the award of the scholarship.
- Applicants must meet Sonoran Desert Institute’s admissions requirements.
- Scholarship recipient must begin studies at SDI within 6 months of being awarded the scholarship.
- The Scholarship is only valid in the name of the original recipient. It cannot be transferred.
- Meet SDI’s Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements and be free of any financial holds on their accounts.
- Recipients must be continuously enrolled to retain scholarship eligibility.
Application: Applicants must complete the SDI/EANGUS Scholarship application in its entirety, including essay, by the deadline dates described below. Remit any supplemental documentation to email@example.com.
Deadline: To be considered for the award, SDI must be in receipt of all application documentation as noted above by the following deadlines:
- By 11:59 pm Mountain Standard Time on November 30 for the annual award.
Evaluation Process: Applications will be reviewed by a Scholarship Committee. The selected recipient will be identified based on a combination of factors, including:
- Essay Score
- Letter of recommendation
Award Procedures: Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision approximately 30 days after the scholarship application deadline. The chosen recipient must respond within 30 days indicating their intent to accept the scholarship. Students that are awarded an SDI Scholarship are responsible for the charges obtained within the semester in which they are currently enrolled in. The SDI Scholarship will be awarded at the start of the next full semester after the approval date.
If you would like more information about the SDI/EANGUS scholarship, please contact Walter Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org