Sonoran Desert Institute is Proud to Support Our Veterans.We understand the unique needs of our military-connected students, and it is our mission to help you reach your goals. There are support systems to help veterans succeed, both in coursework and daily life. Learn more about the support available through the Department of Veterans Affairs and the programs and resources offered to military veterans within your State.
KNOW YOUR BENEFITSAs a military-connected student, you may have benefits available to advance your education and skills. Visit the Department of Veteran Affairs website to learn about and apply for your VA Education Benefits. If you are not sure which education and training benefits are best for you, we encourage you to review the GI Bill® Comparison Tool.
EXPECTATIONS OF STUDENTS UTILIZING VA EDUCATION BENEFITSStudents must be pursuing a degree or certificate granting credential to be eligible for VA education benefits. Veterans must notify their Student Success Coach when any of the following occurs:
- Dropping or adding course(s)
- Withdrawing from course(s)
- Interruption of regular class attendance
- Courses not attended regularly
- Repeating a course for which a passing grade was received
- Courses taken on an audit basis
- Courses for which transfer credit is awarded
CONTACT THE VASDI falls under the jurisdiction of the VA Regional Processing Office located in Muskogee, Oklahoma. VA Regional Processing Office
P.O. Box 8888, Muskogee, OK 74402-8888
Phone: (888) 442-4551, Fax: (918) 781-7863
Call between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday
Automated Verification: (877) 823-2378
Detailed education program descriptions are available on the VA’s Education Benefits page. If you feel you may be eligible for education benefits, please submit an application.
Getting Started Checklist Veterans
- Review SDI Admission Requirements
- Review College Scorecard
- Review Cost of Attendance
- Review College Financing Plans
- Review GI Bill® Comparison Tool.
- Apply online for VA Education Benefits
- Apply for Financial Aid (optional) SDI School Code is 04244900
- Complete SDI Interest Form to obtain application log-in credentials
- Submit SDI Enrollment Application
- Submit copies of all previously attended college and military transcripts.
- Order your official military transcripts online:
- Joint Service Transcript request: https://jst.doded.mil/jst/ (Serves Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans)
Air Force: Community College of the Air Force
Official Transcripts can be submitted by mail to:
Sonoran Desert Institute
1555 W. University Dr, Suite 103
Tempe, AZ 85281
SDI helped me in so many ways. Even with having a very successful second career after retiring from the U.S. Army, SDI helped me to launch yet another chapter in my life that I wake up excited about every day.Dennis Winegar2020 SDI Associate of Science in Firearms Technology Degree Graduate