ELEVATE YOUR FUTURE AT SDI
Convenient Online Coursework
The Certificate in Unmanned Technology – Aerial Systems program provides students with a solid foundation of historical, technical, and operational knowledge about unmanned aircraft systems. Students learn how unmanned aircraft systems are used by commercial businesses to make their operations more efficient, cost effective, and safer.Request Information
The Certificate in Unmanned Technology - Aerial Systems program consists of 16 semester credit hours broken into 1, 16-week semester. Because of our flexible learning options, students choose to study at whatever time of day works best but will still be able to engage with other online learners and instructors as a part of weekly assignment requirements.
Course availability may vary each semester. Not all courses may be offered each term.
Unmanned Technology Discipline
16 credit hours
8 Credit Hours
UAS 101: Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Fundamentals,
UET 101: Introduction to Engineering Technology
(Select 2 – 8 credit hours total)
UAS 202: Aviation Management,
SYS 212: Project Management for UAS Engineering & Technology,
SYS 201: UAS Systems Engineering Management,
UAS 205 Introduction to Geographic Information Systems, (not currently offered)
UAS 213 Introduction to sUAS Design, Build and Fly, (not currently offered)
UAS 231: UAS Flight Test & Evaluation Part 1,
UAS 250: FAA sUAS Professional Remote Pilot
To view a full list of course descriptions, click below.
*Courses within the major must be successfully completed before progressing into the elective courses.
Tuition & Funding
Click on the links below for more details regarding tuition, fees, and financial aid. Please contact the Admissions department for more info at email@example.com or 480-999-4767.
Learn what you love from the comfort of your home
The Certificate in Unmanned Technology – Aerial Systems program offers SDI students the opportunity to gain an understanding of Unmanned technology and how to navigate the unique and exciting drone industry without having to travel or relocate.
With the successful completion of this program, a student will be able to do the following:
- Describe the roles, duties, responsibilities, fundamental skills, and knowledge required in various engineering technology careers in the modern industry.
- Understand and be able to use basic arithmetic, fractions, decimals, ratio and proportion, algebra, plane geometry, right angle trigonometry, and basic statistics to solve simple problems.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of unmanned aircraft systems and their operational uses.
- Pursue entry-level employment focused in one or more technical areas of specialization within the unmanned aircraft systems industry.
- Exemplify high standards of ethical and professional behavior in the UAS industry including diversity and equality.
- Become an advocate for the UAS industry and be an ambassador for the safe, legal, ethical, and responsible use of drones.
To earn a Certificate in Unmanned Technology – Aerial Systems, a student must:
- Complete all coursework required in the certificate program
- Complete 8 credit hours of major coursework
- Complete 8 credit hours of discipline specific elective coursework
- Complete the program with a minimum grade point average of 2.0 or above
- Meet all financial obligations to the institute
Tools & Materials
Our curriculum goes beyond the textbook. Tools and equipment are provided by the Institute and included in the total program cost. We believe that online learning should include opportunities to incorporate, explain, and demonstrate what you’ll learn as a student. Within your online classroom, you’ll access electronic coursebooks and supplemental multimedia resources, interact with students and instructors, submit assignments and exams, and find extra-curricular ways to make the most of your time as an SDI student.
Each course has its own required, suggested, and provided tools. These items are shipped to the student with other learning materials, where applicable, and will belong to the student. Students need to have access to a drone for certain courses. Please visit the following link for a comprehensive list of supplies required for completion of assignments, per current course offerings.
Check out our Lab Tools List to get a feel for what you’ll need and have during your coursework.Lab Tool List