Students will have the opportunity to train across the broad range of firearms brought in to the Custom Shop, including duty firearms, precision rifles, machine guns, shotguns, revolvers, hunting rifles, classic firearms, and more. The student’s level of knowledge and experienced will be matched with specific tasks that cover a wide range of our capabilities such as firearm assembly / disassembly, lathing, milling, coating, welding, action tuning, stock refinishing, and other tasks.
For more information, please email FieldStudy@sdi.edu.
Length of Study
In order to apply for a Field Study, the applicant must be a graduate or pending graduate of our Associate of Science in Firearms Technology degree program.
- Submit the SDI Field Study Application and select your preferred Field Study location.
- Email the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Photocopy of Driver’s License
- Background Check Form (print form here)
- SDI Records Release Form (click to submit online)
- SDI Media Release Form (click to complete online)