Army Offers Huge Bonuses in Race to Sign 10,000 new Recruits
- Joey Upper
For the United States Army, the race is on.
As part of the Army’s big push to meet its strength goal of 485,000 by the end of September, the Army launched a massive, virtual hiring campaign from June 30-July 2, according to Military.com.
Their goal for that drive? Bring in 10,000 new recruits in three days.
“We are going after 10,000 … over these three days,” Maj. Gen. Frank Muth, commander of Army Recruiting Command, said according to Military.com.
In order to meet their goal, and in order to fill MOSs where they find themselves lacking, they authorized the following bonuses for nine MOSs, according to Military.com:
- 35P, Cryptologic Linguist, up to $40,000
- 37F, Psychological Operations Specialist, up to $40,000
- 14P, Air and Missile Defense Crewmember, up to $33,000
- 13J, Fire Control Specialist, up to $28,000
- 11X, Infantry, up to $27,000
- 13M, Multiple Launch Rocket System Crewmember, up to $24,000
- 89D, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Specialist, up to $15,000
- 19K, M1 Armor Crewman, up to $12,000
- 74D, Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Specialist, up to $7,000
The Army is also reportedly going to be giving out $2,000 bonuses during the three-day nationwide campaign, if recruits sign up during those days.
That’s no joke. $40,000 is just above the basic pay for a year’s work as an E-7, according to FederalPay.org.
Granted, the MOSs above are hardly slouch positions, either.
The Army is also offering, in place of a cash enlistment bonus, student loan reimbursement of up to $65,000, depending on the given MOS.
While the opportunity to serve can certainly be a rewarding experience whether or not there is a bonus involved, it’s nice to see some of the potential members the Army’s future have the chance to start their military careers strong.
What do you think? Please share this on Facebook and Twitter and let us know!